Monday, April 11, 2011

Round 1: The News

Originally writtten March 26, 2011
 I told you I wouldn't keep quiet.  Today I got the news I had been dreading.  Cancer.   On the upside, according to my research, it has an 89%  survival rate.  Now, that is MY research.  I will found out more facts after visiting my onconologist tomorrow.  The downside, chemo and radiation are the treatments.  My visit tomrrow is for a game plan to beat this thing.
  I have gone through every single negative emotion today that you can experience:  anger, sadness, desperation, depression, bitterness, envy, fear and shock.  I remained strong thoughout the day and finally broke down late this evening, letting tears stain my face for nearly an hour.  I was reminded that I wasn't just fighting for myself, but I was fighting for my children as well.  So while I may still have my weak moments, I will find the strength for my children.
The outpouring of love and support from my friends and family amazed me.  You never really know who your friends are until you are faced with the darkest hour of your life.  I can go to sleep with ease knowing that I am not in this war alone, not only is God at my side, but so are all of you.
Thank you for all the kind words spoken this day.  Alone, I cannot win... it's impossible.  My warriors that are standing up and using their voices will help me defeat this dreaded disease, and I thank you for that.  God is good and I truly believe that.  He will not let my children down, leave them motherless and broken-hearted.
Let the battle begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment