Sunday, June 26, 2011

Extra, Extra...

  So you didn't hear it first here, maybe some of you have.  The chemo is over, I graduated!  The chemo also reduced the mass by 50%, so July 7th I will be having surgery to remove it and shortly thereafter, will be considered cancer-free!

  This is the best news I have heard in a long time.  I never gave up hope, never stopped believing in my faith. 

  I will tell you that a lot of changes are coming about and for that I am very pleased.  I have taken back control of my life and are asking people that have been a burden in it to kindly remove themselves. 

  Very soon, everything will be back to normal and I can finally go on with L. I. F. E.   (living impulsively, finding employment).  That is my new acronym for life.  It also has a new meaning for me. 

Life:  Breathing in every breath you can while enjoying everything around you.  Attaining your dreams as long as they are reasonable and cause harm to no one in the process.  Taking the time to actually listen to your children and hear what they are saying, although you may not agree with what they have to say, you can still listen.  Spending time with your children, whether it's playing some video game you dislike or sitting down to a wonderful, classic board game... they will remember this and that itself is priceless.  Finding a job you love, something that you will look forward to doing every single day until you retire,  not settling for something you hate because you are broke and desperate.  Finding the love and faith Our Father provides us the minute we are born and cherishing that for eternity.  Make more time for friends, for they will get you through any obstacle in your life, all you have to do is ask.  Get rid of the negative influences you are surrounded with, they will only bring you down and decrease your energy.  Strive to become a better, more compassionate person.  There is not enough people like that in this world.  Be not afraid of who you are, but be proud.  You are your own person and individuality is beautiful.  Love yourself, for you are amazing!

  So that my friends, is my new definition of life. 

I hope some of you take it to heart, for you are speaking to someone that has stared death in the face and did not like what they saw about their past life and hoped for a second chance to change it.  I got my second chance, and I plan to implement everything I have just said.  Not everyone gets a second chance or a wake up call, so I am passing along mine to you, are you up to the challenge?

I hope so, the world could use a new you.

No comments:

Post a Comment