Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Depression Depot...All Aboard!

My post about depression brought in the greatest numbers of readers I have ever seen.  I don't feel so all alone now.  I am not riding solo on this crazy train, which is comforting at the same time it is sobering.  I am disheartened that so many others suffer from the ultimate sadness ever known.

This is an update to my mind's working as I type.

I am far better. 

I look out and see blue skies instead of seeing skies the color of old black and white movies.  I see the sun shining and appreciate the bright yellow of it's warming glow.  I no longer want to run and hide like Count Dracula when Sol makes his appearance in the early morn.

I can take a deep breath and exhale and not regret it.

I don't weep at every little thing and I can now arise from my bed with purpose (when my muscles allow). 

Food has flavor once more, my children's laughter is even more contagious that it ever has been.

I did not get this way alone.  I sought help.  I take medicine. 

Please don't say to your dear ones, "Snap out of it!"  Time does not heal everything.  There are moments in our lives where we are not strong enough to go it without professional help.  Would you tell someone with a ruptured appendix to snap out of it?  Depression is a medical condition AND a life threatening one if not treated.

Thank God I had a great support system and the knowledge to do what had to be done.  Damn the stigma!  Who cares what people think when it comes to your physical and mental health.  You must take care of yourself, no one will do it for you.

Again, I beseech you, if you know of some one suffering, talk to them.

If you feel like they are a danger to themselves then call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Life is worth living, trust me.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment