Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wrong Cookies, Dear!

  Never send a color blind man do pick up your cookies.  The blue and green tends to blend together and you wind up with "reduced fat" cookies!  My heart sank. 

If I am going to splurge on comfort foods because of the fact that I am losing a friend that is very sick, I don't want REDUCED FAT!  I want ALL the fat I can get.  It's called comfort food for a reason.  Sorry, health nuts out there, kale is not on my list when I need to cry, and munch. 

I had my glass of milk all set to go, dunked my so-called cookies in the milk and wanted to cry even harder.  They didn't even taste the same.  I perservered on, needing my cookie fix.  Three cookies later and I was full.  WHAT?  My norm is 5 cookies, yes... only 5!  So my question is, if they reduced the fat, what did they add to make them more filling?  Are all products lower in fat meant to fill you quicker so you can avoid gaining weight?  Doubtful! 

The kids even notice they can't eat their 5 either, they are full after 3 cookies as well.  I gave those cookies to the kids, knowing that drowning my sorrows in fake cookies just doesn't cut it for me.

Now, when I need comfort foods, I will venture out myself.  The next thing you know, he will be screwing up my Ben and Jerry's order!! 

I wonder though... is it truly the color-blindness that made him grab that, or did he become illiterate over night?

No comments:

Post a Comment