Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Negative Side of the Magnet

  Most of you that know me will laugh at the following statment, please do try to contain yourselves, at our age you can't risk a heart attack.

I must be getting wiser as I grow older.

Okay, get your chuckles out.  I know, by now you are laying on the floor, unable to get up from laughing so hard.  I picture a few of you doing that as we speak (Barb, Damon). 

In all seriousness, I have been observing some lives from a distance to see what would happen to mine (or theirs) if negativity was forced out and only positivity and light were allowed to enter.  The results have been astounding.

I was not kidding when I said I was allowing no negativity around me during my battle with cancer and that was true.  I took the garbage out to give myself a more positive field of energy, to allow my faith to expand and to hopefully encourage my body's self-healing.  It worked.  Once I was found to be in remission, I slacked off a bit and the bad found it's way back in to my life. 

I noticed a change in my surroundings.  Things were a mess, not physically, but emotionally.  Now, I don't truly believe in Vampires let alone "Energy Vampires", but I do believe there are people out there that just suck the life out of you for they know no other way of life unless it's negative.  I personally KNOW people that do not know how to spin the negative into the positive and I feel sorry for them.  This is a big, bad world.  It's filled with horrible people and horrible diseases.  If you refuse to look at the sun and only tread through the darkness, your life will never turn around. 

I am proof, LIVING proof. 

Some days we do struggle financially (who doesn't in this economy?), but for the most part, we are doing quite well.  Happiness and harmony is very difficult to maintain with teenagers afoot, but I try my best to not blow my stack as often as the norm.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember the last time I did go to "Mommy Rage" mode.  I have talked sternly, but not screamed.  My family is a bunch of screamers, I bet they would say "loud talkers", but I can admit the truth, at least.  My mother wasn't a screamer, okay, so maybe she did get louder than her normal raised voice....hmmm... I guess that really isn't a screamer so I take that back.  We are not screamers, we just talk louder than a normal person when yelling. 

I digress yet again.  The point of that paragraph was to state how much good energy flows around you, and the great things that happen to you once you toss the trash.  I didn't mean to get on a tangent about yelling versus screaming versus loud talking.   I do apologize.  Again, the people who know me realize my brain is crazy and shoots around like lasers against mirrors!  I can't control my thought process AND fingers at the same time, that would be like asking a blonde to count to twenty while standing on one leg.  IMPOSSIBLE! 

Now, let's take a look at a person that is nothing but negative energy.  Their life is going down hill a mile a minute.  It's sad to watch, honestly.  Every single person in that family is suffering in one way or another and nothing is being done to attempt a change in the circumstances.  The darkness flows through that house like a wild tsunami. 

I am not so terrible a person that I did not try to change their lifestyle, try to make them spin the bad into the good.  I have talked until I was blue in the face (or was that from the chemo?  sorry, bad cancer jokes got me through it all) but unless you are willing to change, you won't.   I cannot force someone to see the light, I can only show them the light that shines from within me and hope they learn from what I emit.

So as I sit back and bask in my inner peace, I cry for those who have not found their inner sanctum. Pardon me for being cliche, once you've hit rock bottom, there is only one way to go...up!  Cancer was my bottom.

I pray daily that no one has to hit hard like I did, in the way that I did, to realize one simple fact.

Once you have determined to be the optimist and leave the pessimist in the dirt, you will find life is a constantly changing, beautiful thing.   It's not an easy change to make, I still struggle with it on a daily basis, I am only human.  (No, radiation did not give me super powers or mutate me.... yet)  I am also not an expert on life.  I am merely here to observe and state my opinions, whether you care to read them matters not.  I write for myself and for maybe just ONE person out there.  One person that will read this and it will hit home.  One person that will take what I say to heart and understand what I am trying to say and attempt the long haul to happiness. 

If your life is pure bliss, you are doing something wrong and need to seek professional help, or share whatever drugs you are doing! (That was a joke, for those that can't afford a sense of humor)

Life really is a rollercoaster with it's ups and downs and twists and turns (I know I have used that analogy in the past and I am sorry) and even the enlightened still struggle.  Good vs. Evil is never an easily won battle, but my light saber is ready and I am willing and able!

Thank you Lord, for constantly providing for this family when we don't deserve it.  Please show all that they can find the light in the dark and have some peace for a change instead of consistent dread.

God Bless and may the force be with you. (I get bonus points for 2 Star Wars references, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment